Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Working through a prompt

Below is draft one from my "answer a stupid question" prompt. After workshopping our poems during the afternoon, the most helpful piece of advice I received was to embed NJ more into the poem. The first line of the poem centers on NJ, but then the rest of the poem is general. Sometimes when one is writing, the most obvious inclusion is not obvious at the time.

This is only draft #1 and I am definitely going to revise the piece. I wanted to show it below so that readers could see the chaos of a first draft. At first, I made the poem in the past tense. Then, I scratched out verbs and changed them to the present tense. Sometimes, I change adverbs to adjectives and vice versa.

In short, this is definitely a "work in progress."

(Um...sidenote...somehow the image got deleted....oops. Well, it was chaotic...believe me...)




No comments:

Post a Comment