Sunday, August 16, 2015

Until next year...

Each year, I have two learning opportunities which greatly invigorate me. I look forward to the Dodge Foundation's "Spring and Fountain" poetry sessions. At those March/April sessions, I don't "have to" write, but simply can listen and appreciate works from old and new poets alike. Writing during the school year generally never happens. I have no idea how Cat Doty teaches Language Arts and writes poetry during the school year---super hero! I also look forward to the summer aTi sessions. In July, I am free from the requirements of my job (at this point, can I call myself a professional data analyst?) and can concentrate on what I love: writing. 

I enjoy the aTi sessions because of the diverse people who I meet. I always give credit to the participants who try a field that is outside of their comfort zones (Melissa, from our group, gets "props" for her bravery). I also enjoy the sessions because I get out of my comfort zone and write about topics that might not have otherwise crossed my mind.

The beginning of the new school year is not too far away and I know that soon enough I'll be reading essays, grading essays, helping students analyze literature, and on and on, but I always know that July brings aTi with it.

Until next year...

No comments:

Post a Comment